Wedel Art Collective
2. Our responsibilities as a Data Controller:
COMPANY: Wedel Art Limited (Company Number: 05072515).
ADDRESS: [Newcombe House, 45 Notting Hill Gate, London, W11 3LQ]
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
3. What Personal Data do we collect?
We may collect, use or store the following categories of personal data:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- your bank account and payment card details;
- your billing address (for transactional purposes);
- details pertaining to your marketing and communication preferences from us and our third parties; and details about how and when you were first introduced to us.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic/biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. What is the purpose of processing your Personal Data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- to provide you with information about prospective purchases and our services;
- to help us understand your needs and objectives, and to tailor our services to you;
- to keep you informed about artwork, artists, products, services and events that we think you may find interesting;
- to carry out our obligations under any agreement between you and us;
- to communicate with you; and
- to administer, manage and develop our website (including support and maintenance) and keep our website safe and secure.
5. What if we need to use your Personal Data for a different purpose?
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to obtain an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the aforementioned rules, where this is required or permitted by the law.
6. What is our legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
The legal basis for processing your personal data is that
- it is necessary for the performance of any agreement between you and us;
- it is in our legitimate interests (for example, operating and making the website available and providing you with information about our services);
- it is in order to comply with our legal obligations; or
- you have given your consent, where you have requested us to contact you about upcoming activities, events or services or to provide you with our newsletter and any other relevant information.
In the circumstances above, you may be required to give us your personal data. If you do not supply us with your personal data, it might delay or prevent us from providing you with our services – in this case we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
If you wish to stop receiving the newsletter or any marketing emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing e-mails, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, or any other transaction.
7. How do we use your Personal Data?
Where you are one of our clients or suppliers, or have signed up to receive our newsletter or to be otherwise contacted for marketing, we may send you information about our services, events or activities which we believe may be of interest to you.
From time to time, we may share your personal data with a small number of companies providing services to us including our advisers, carriers and insurers, and any prospective buyer of our business or assets.
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
8. How we keep your Personal Data safe:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. How long do we keep your data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you. If you are involved in the sale of an artwork through us we may keep certain documents (which may include your personal data) which are necessary for art provenance purposes, indefinitely.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
10. Transfer of your data:
We do not currently transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If this changes at any point we will try our best to make sure that those individuals or companies receiving your information outside of the EEA, keep it safe and in compliance with European data protection law.
11. Third party websites and applications:
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements
12. What are your legal rights in respect of your Personal Data?
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data: (i) access to your data by virtue of a ’’data subject access request’’, ii) erasure or correction of your personal data, iii) the right to object to processing your personal data, iv) to restrict the processing of your personal data, and v) to request the right to data portability (“Your Legal Rights”). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to keep your personal data up to date and accurate, at all times. Please let us know if your personal details need to be updated, by contacting us at email@example.com.